Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Paulina is the founding partner of Eelaw and has devoted her career to the practice of environmental law, natural resources, mining and energy, national and international environmental regulations.
She began developing her practice in environmental law and natural resources in 1999; as a Fulbright Scholar, she completed an LLM in Environmental & Energy Law at the University of Tulane. Through her career Paulina has consolidated an extensive and recognized practice in environmental law, including regulation of hazardous waste, remediation of contaminated sites, environmental corporate, system environmental impact assessment, offset emissions, environmental compliance, among others.
- Attorney – Supreme Court. Chile, 1999.
- Bachelor or Law and Social Sciences. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Masters with distinction in Environmental and Energy Law (US LL.M. in Energy & Environment, University of Tulane, New Orleans, United States. Fulbright).
- Course on Risk Assessment. Analyzing Risk: Science, Assessment and Management. Harvard School of Public Health. Center for Continuing Professional Education, in March 2012.
- Seminar on Trade and Environment. Trade and Environment Seminar, taught by American University Washington College of Law in conjunction with the Organization of American States, in June 2015.
- Languages: Spanish and English.
International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA).
International organization of professionals dedicated to exchange good practices and knowledge in environmental impact assessment.
Environmental Law Institute (ELI).
Organization dedicated to research on issues of international environmental law and public policy. Washington, D.C.
Society for Risk Analysis (SRA).
International organization of professionals interested in the risk assessment. Virginia, USA.
Chilean Association of Environmental Law (ACHIDAM).
Member and Secretary.
Fulbright Alumni Association Santiago.
Bar Association of Chile.
Women in Law Awards 2015 by the international publication Lawyer Monthly.
Recognized in the 2016 publication of Best Lawyers of Latin America by Chambers & Partners.
- Teaching, Master in Mining Law and Water, Universidad Finis Terrae, 2015.
- Teaching, Graduate Course on Environmental Law, Universidad del Desarrollo.
- Speaker. Comments on the Mine Closure Law. VII Conference on Mining Medium – MEDMIN. Santiago, August.
- Co-author. New Environmental governance: Design criteria for regulatory development. Legal News Magazine No. 23, January 2011, Universidad del Desarrollo.
- Speaker. First International Environmental Law Conference, Mexico City, October 2002, name the presentation “Panorama of environmental law in Chile.”
- Coauthor. Proposals for the Regular Financing of Political Parties, Center for Public Studies, Working Paper No. 302, 2000.
- Author. Sectoral Environmental Permits in the Environmental Impact Assessment System, Journal of Economic Administrative Law Vol. I No. 1, January-June 1999, pp. 95-125, Faculty of Law, Universidad Católica.
- Environmental Law.
- Environmental Assessment.
- Natural resources and mining.
- Environmental Compliance.
- Due Diligence Strategic Planning and Permitting Environmental Assessment.
- Environmental Comparative Law.
- Environmental litigation and administrative proceedings.